Carl F. Bucherer watches – born from a love of tradition
With over 125 years of history, the Carl F. Bucherer manufactory is truly a traditional company. Founded in 1888 in the Swiss Canton of Lucerne, Carl F. Bucherer is an old-established family business. The story began when Carl Friedrich Bucherer opened a small watch shop. The company’s first collection was launched in 1919. Today, the Carl F. Bucherer name stands for luxury watches of an exceptional level of quality and exclusivity.
After the death of Carl Friedrich, his sons took over the promising business in 1933. Carl Eduard and Ernst Bucherer are trained watchmakers and jewellers. The two professions shape the brand image with each playing a vital role in the creation of Carl F. Bucherer watches to this day. The company is still owned by the Bucherer family and is managed by Jörg G. Bucherer, the founder's grandson. As Chairman of the Board of Directors, he and CEO Sascha Moeri are responsible for the current successes of the family business.
Since 2008, Carl F. Bucherer has been producing its calibres in-house and can, therefore, call itself a Swiss manufacturer. Prior to this, the brand purchased movements from Techniques Horlogères Appliquée SA in Ste-Croix, a business that was purchased and integrated into the Bucherer Group following ten years of collaboration. Today, the Ste-Croix site is a place of research, creativity and technical manufacturing. Precision movements for all Carl F. Bucherer watches are designed and produced here.