A successful watch brand since 1927
The ambitious master watchmaker Walter Storz laid the foundation stone for the Stowa brand in 1927 when he founded a remanufacturing company. The company name Stowa is made up of the first letters of the second and first name of the founder. In the early days, Stowa reassembled and sold both pocket watches and wristwatches. As a general agent for the Swiss watch brand, Unitas, Stowa was an important player in the watch industry.
In 1935, the company moved its headquarters to Pforzheim where, three years later, a new factory opened. In the 1930s, Stowa produced a design masterpiece in the Bauhaus style that is still manufactured today - the Stowa Antea. During the Second World War, Stowa also made military watches including precise observation watches. Unfortunately in 1945, the new production facility at Pforzheim was destroyed during a bombing raid in the last days of the war.